Welcome to the 2017 AMA Pro Racing Motocross Licensing Site! This site allows you to apply for your ATVMX Pro License.
There are two types of ATVMX Pro licenses available: Season and Single Event.
In order to apply for an ATVMX Pro license, a rider must first have the following readily available:
- Current AMA membership
- Color headshot photo with face clearly visible;
- Proof of completion of ImPACT Concussion Management Test result. This test can be administered by an approved medical facility, https://www.impacttest.com/
find_care_provider/. ImPACT concussion tests are good for 2 years;
- New Applicants: copy of your birth certificate;
- Foreign Riders: Start Permission Release and certification from home licensing federation.
Once these items are assimilated, the license application process consists of the following 5 steps:
STEP 1: MX SPORTS PRO RACING ONLINE PROFILE APPLICATION
Complete the MX Sports Pro Racing Rider Profile Information section below.
STEP 2: AMA PRO RACING ONLINE APPLICATION
Upon completing the information below go to the AMA Pro Racing Member Network at and complete the AMA Pro Racing online application.
STEP 3: MAIL REQUIRED FORMS TO AMA PRO RACING
Upon completion of the online applications you will receive an email with the following required documents that must be downloaded, printed in color, signed and NOTARIZED.
- 2017 ATVMX License Application
- 2017 AMA Pro Racing Annual Participant Release, Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (notarized)
- 2017 MXS All-Event Release, Waiver and Indemnity Agreement (notarized)
- AMA Pro Racing Membership Terms and Conditions (not notarized)
If you are a new applicant you must also include a copy of your birth certificate. If you are a foreign rider you must also include a Start Permission Release and certification from your home licensing federation.
Mail NOTARIZED forms & Terms and Conditions to the following address:
AMA Pro Racing
ATTN: Membership Services
525 Fentress Blvd. Suite B
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Mail completed forms to AMA Pro Racing directly to the address above. DO NOT mail forms to MX Sports. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Documents must be received by AMA Pro Racing no later than 30 days prior to your first event of the season. License applications will only be approved in advance and will not be accepted or approved at an event.
STEP 4: UPDATE RIDER PROFILE
MX Sports will notify you by email when your application has been approved and will provide you with login information for your online MX Sports Rider Profile. Through your Rider Profile you can update and maintain sponsors.
STEP 5: PICK UP LICENSE AT RIDER SERVICES
Licenses will be available for pickup at all ATVMX Pro Motocross Championship events. Licenses will not be mailed. A photo ID will be required.
Thank you for your application. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding your application or event registration email or contact us at 304.284.0101.