Operation of a pit vehicle (PV) is a privilege - not a right - provided to our adult racers and their families. A PV is a golf cart, mule or small ATV used for the transportation of guests to and from the track and supporting areas. It is not a toy and is not to be used for joy-riding.
All PV operators must abide by the following rules:
1. Operators must be at least 18 years of age and registered. Registered operators may not allow unregistered drivers to operate the PV.
2. PV privileges are extended exclusively to our racers and their families/crew members and our series partners.
3. Special Needs PV privileges are available upon request at no cost.
4. The number of PV passengers may not exceed the OEM recommendation.
5. PV may not be operated in a reckless, careless, or dangerous manner.
6. Operators agree to indemnify and hold harmless the event Promoter, ATVPG, MX Sports Pro Racing, AMA, AMA Pro Racing, and their officers, agents, staff, and employees, from any and all injuries, personal and property, resulting from operation of a PV.
7. PV use is limited to the hours of 8:00 am - 8:00 pm.
8. The PV Speed Limit is the 5 mph.
9. Operation of a PV while under the influence of alcohol is a crime and will not be tolerated.
10. PV use is restricted to the transportation to and from the track and to neighboring pit sites. Play riding is prohibited.
11. PV use is prohibited in the following areas:
- On the Track or inside the track fence
- Trails/Woods or other tracks on the property
- County roads
12. Violation of these rules is grounds for penalty, including but not limited to: suspension/revocation of PV privileges, PV confiscation, disqualification of racer, and removal from the facility. Continued violation of these rules will result in permanent revocation of PV privileges.
13. Always remember - the racer is responsible for the actions of his entire pit crew, and may be penalized for their misconduct at the discretion of the referee.